A scientific Foote Partners forecasting report from our IT Insider Workforce Trends Series containing our predictions for which of 994 individual IT skills and certifications will cost (or earn) you more through January 2019.
The 2018 IT Skills & Certifications HOT LIST FORECAST report synthesizes data from numerous proprietary research sources including benchmark pay surveys, IT spending studies, and extensive field interviews with influencers and decision makers in US and Canadian employers.
- In-depth interactive compensation survey research involving 3,105 employers and their 287,600 IT professionals
- Comprehensive IT spending studies (100+ technology, initiatives, and services line items)
- Interviews with more than 600 IT executives on their workforce plans, spending, and labor strategies for 2018.
WHY IS THIS INFORMATION IMPORTANT TO YOU?
Employers: If you knew market values were going to increase for skills youre planning to acquire, either by FTE hiring or via contractors, consultants, or managed services, you may wish to adjust your forward budgets or accelerate acquisition for avoid higher costs.
Vendors: If you are selling consulting services, you may want to fine-tune billing rate schedules in current project proposals to maintain profit margins going forward.
IT Professionals: If you are negotiating salaries or consulting rates, don't undervalue your skills in the marketplace.
Here is what's contained in the HOT LISTS FORECAST report to help you optimize your investments in IT and business skills and people:
- Ranked lists of IT and business skills and certifications that are experiencing a widening gap between supply and demand, driving their market values higher over the next 6 months
- More than a dozen trend charts and tables of from Foote Partners IT Skills and Certification Pay IndexTM ,the industry's only comprehensive compensation survey of market values for certified and noncertified IT and business skills
- Analysis of market conditions: Find out what's happening in the IT skills and certifications marketplace and what's driving the decisions of employers in matching skills requirements to business requirements.
**536 Noncertified IT and business skills in Architecture, Applications Development, Big Data, Cloud, Business Intellignece, Business Analytics, Digital Product Development , A.I./Machine Leaerning, Epic/EMR, Database, Internet of Things, Messaging and Communications, Mobile, Methodology/Process/Frameworks, Networking, Operating Systems, Project Management, SAP/ERP. Web, Ecommerce, Info/Cybersecurity, Storage/SAN, Voice, Call Centers/Help Desk, among many others.
**458 IT Certifications including Amazon,Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, CIW, Cloudera, CheckPoint, CompTIA, CWNP, EC-Council, EMC, Google, H-P, IBM, ISACA, ISC(2), ITIL, JBoss, Juniper, Microsoft, NetApp, NetScout, Novell, Oracle, PMI, Red Hat, RSA, SANS/GIAC, SAS, SNIA, Sun, Teradata, The Open Group, TIBCO, VMware, and others.